ePattern - Mori 森 Crochet Bag
This is a digital download for the Mori Drawstring Bag crochet pattern.
The Mori (森) Drawstring Bag Crochet Pattern is inspired by the Japanese Mori-girl aesthetic - it has an earthy, woodsy feel with a girlish charm. The bag’s main design features are rich textures, symmetry of parallel lines running across it, and whimsical drawstring toggles.
This is an Advanced Beginner pattern - it uses fairly basic stitches, repetitive pattern stitches and simple colour changes to achieve that textured look.
Bag can also be crocheted using raffia for a very airy, lightweight summer bag. Some mods that I've used in the photos for raffia include :
1. Switched to a bigger hook (4mm)to work the body as i didn’t want the rib stitch to be too tight and hence “pull in” the stitches.
2. Shortened shoulder strap for a more modern feel.
3. Changed the drawstring cord to small tassels instead.
SKILL LEVEL : Advanced Beginner
MATERIALS NEEDED :
- DK or Light Worsted yarn (350m)
- 3.5mm & 4.0mm hook
Base diameter 20cm
Height 24cm (bag body may stretch slightly in use)
This ePattern for a downloadable pdf file includes :
- 10 pages of fully written crochet pattern instructions in U.S. terminology
- Detailed photos
- Crochet chart for the pattern stitch
- Video tutorials
The pdf file will be automatically sent to you upon successful payment. You are welcome to sell finished products made from this pattern with credit to @byiroiro (instagram) or handmade byiroiro (facebook).
If you have any questions regarding the PDF or the videos, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting a small designer!